Specific Referral Process
An Initial Referral form & Prior Interventions Checklist is completed by referring teacher and turned in to Corin Bonsick, SAT Coordinator.
- 1. A meeting date will be assigned
- 2. The Teacher Forms (one goes to every teacher the student has), Counselor's Form, Nurse's Form & Discipline Form are sent out, completed and returned to Corin Bonsick
- 3. Case manager compiles all information & presents the case at meeting
- 4. Meeting is held
- 5. Action Plan is developed (brainstorming & choose interventions)
- 6. Parents, students & other teachers are told of Action Plan by the referring teacher
- 7. Implement & Evaluate Action Plan (Case Manager serves as technical assistant to the school staff member(s) implementing the plan).
- 8. Follow-up meeting is held. Action plan is reviewed. (6-8 weeks data renewed)
Please complete ALL sections of the forms that are given to you. All data must be specific, descriptive, observable and factual.