Specific Referral Process
An Initial Referral form & Prior Interventions Checklist is completed by referring teacher and turned into the Student Assistance Team mailbox in the Principal's Office.
- A case manager and meeting date will be assigned
- The Teacher Forms (one goes to every teacher the student has), Counselor's Form, Nurse's Form & Discipline Form is sent out, completed and returned to the SAT mailbox in the Principal's Office
- The case manager collects data (forms returned from staff)
- Parents & student are interviewed by case manager
- Case manager compiles all information & presents the case at meeting
- Meeting is held
- Action Plan is developed (brainstorming & choose interventions)
- Follow-Up meeting is scheduled (1 - 2 weeks later)
- Parents, students & other teachers are told of Action Plan developed by the Case Manager
- Implement & Evaluate Action Plan (Case Manager serves as technical assistant to the school staff member(s) implementing the plan).
- Follow-up meeting is held. Action plan is reviewed.
Please complete ALL sections of the forms that are given to you. All data must be specific, descriptive, observable and factual.